Yahoo! Avatars

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Thing 4

I really enjoyed reading the different blogs. I especially like the Blog titled "Patrick's Update". I am very impressed with the fact that teachers are allowing students to blog instead of having them write about things in a paper journal.  It is so exciting to see how many people from all over the world were offering Patrick support and encouragement.  I expect these bloggers cannot wait to get on and blog and see who is reading their blogs.  This would encourage the students to be creative and want to blog instead of just writing about things in a notebook and only getting feedback from the teacher.  It is also a great way for students around the world to read the blogs and see what other students are experiencing from other parts of the world. 
 I also read the blog on the second graders and their duck stories. Some of them were pretty silly but I enjoyed seeing their ideas and seeing their unedited comments.  I think this is  a great way to encourage the students to express their ideas and opinions. 

4 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed both of those as well. Great ideas to help kids enjoy writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too found it interesting about the value of letting students blog in the classroom. What excitment the students would have knowing that the audience for their blog could be worldwide.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed reading the article Patrick's Update. I see that all students are motivated to try challenging new things when readers encourage them to keep going.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I figured out why my comments were being posted so I wanted to finish commenting on the two blogs you mentioned. As I said earlier I did enjoy reading these two blogs. The Patrick Update blog shows that writers can be encouraged and motivated to write without apprehension. After reading the duck stories it seems that blogging would be a great way for novice writers to work on new skills.

    ReplyDelete