Yahoo! Avatars

Friday, October 8, 2010

Thing 5-The Reader (RSS)

 I have spent a lot of time looking through the different websites and reading news on them.  I have never even heard of a reader before this class. It is a great way to keep all of your information at your fingertips. I wish they would have had this available back in the dark ages when I was doing research papers in high school and college. I think this would be very helpful.  I like it because I can find all of the info I am interested in in one click.  It  would be great to use in computer lab because I always struggle to get the kids to type in the URL addresses to find things we are studying. I could have these readers available to them and they would not have to type in all of the information.  I am looking forward to periodically checking my reader to see what other news is available.  I enjoyed looking at the reader for 10 sites for creating digital comics. I like this site because it is designed by an educator and is set up for education so you know there is not going to be any inappropriate material on the site when your students click on them.

1 comment:

  1. Your comment about having students type in URL's is so true. When you get to the "delicious thing", you might find it very useful for your students.

    ReplyDelete