Yahoo! Avatars

Monday, November 1, 2010

Thing 17- Podcast

  Podcasting is a great tool  for education.  I previewed the website "Learn Out Loud" and listened to a podcast about the US Presidents.  Click here to listen to it. I listened to a 10 minute lesson on John F. Kennedy.  I learned some interesting facts about him.. I did, however, have a very hard time staying focused. I am a visual learner and I have trouble listening to someone speak without seeing them or seeing any visual tools.  I am sure that there are podcast out there that have video as well as audio.  I use podcast every week on a personal level. I teach a Sunday School class at church and I miss the worship service. I subscribed to our weekly podcast so I can listen to the sermon at home.  Again, I have a hard time just listening to it because it does not have any video with it.  I usually do other things while I listen to it. 
  I can see using a podcast as a tool for students to get to listen to other voices, other than the teachers, to teach lessons on certain subjects.  It would be hard to use though if you did not have a class set of ipods.  The teacher could play it out loud on her computer and the students could listen to it.

1 comment:

  1. I, too, have a hard time following the sermon with just the audio. But you are correct, there are some podcasts, and you can create podcasts, that have some video as well.

    ReplyDelete