Yahoo! Avatars

Monday, November 8, 2010

Thing 19-Voicethread

Wow! Here is another thing I did not know existed. This is so neat. I found several interesting things on this website.  I found a voicethread called Weather. It was a picture book written by an elementary class. It had their voices recorded on the page that they wrote and illustrated. It was really neat to see the pages and hear their voices reading their creations.  I think this would be wonderful for a class to post a class book and have their families and friends comment on their pages. What a great way for grandparents  to get to be involved in their grandchild's education.  I loved the fact that you could go on and leave a voicethread comment about the whole book or about an individual's page.  There are endless ways that you could use this in your classroom. I can also see creating a powerpoint and actually having your voice recorded on the powerpoint.   You could even use Flickr to find pictures and have the students work together to use the pictures to create a story and then have them record their own voices on their project.  I was really impressed with this site.

1 comment:

  1. Such a great way for kids to use technology to share their learning.

    ReplyDelete