Yahoo! Avatars

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Thing 22_Social networks

1. Why is it important to know how social networking works??
  •  There are so many social networking sites that it is hard to keep up with them. My favorite is facebook. I will admit...I am a facebook addict. I love talking and catching up with friends from my past that I would not normally have a chance to talk to.  I also love to facebook stalk my own children.  I have learned alot of important things about them on facebook.  I think it could be beneficial to educators to set up a class facebook site (no personal information posted though) to keep students and parents informed to what is going on in your class. It would also offer another easy way for parents and teachers to communicate.
2 What new insights did you gain about these sites??
  • I always find new games to play and new people to communicate with. I absolutely love facebook!
3. What did you like/dislike about each of these sites?

  • I explored Myspace because I have not even looked at it since I joined facebook. I had to get my password emailed to me because it had been so long since I have been on there.  I like facebook better because I am more familiar with it than I am Myspace.  
4.   Which site has the most useful features?
  • I think facebook does.  I love playing games on this site and I love interacting with friends.  It is very user friendly.
5. Can you see an educational use for these sites?
  • I think it would be great to set up a classroom page that parents and students can visit.  Most people have facebook accounts so it would be another way to get in touch with parents and keep them informed as to what is going on in your classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment