Yahoo! Avatars

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Thing 20-Google docs

 I am so excited to learn about google docs. I can think of so many uses for this in the classroom. Your students can work on group projects and not have to go to each other's home.  I love the fact that you have to give certain people permission to edit your document.  It is so user friendly and you do not have to worry about what type of software someone has. Everyone can use it and everyone can view it.  I created a slideshow  just for fun with some pictures from my daughter's volleyball team. It is neat how you can create it on one computer and pull it up on any other computer to view it or edit it.  I will use google docs for years to come. My favorite part of it is that it is totally FREE!!!

 I also think this is a great way for teachers to communicate with each other about a student's progress.  You can make a spreadsheet and update it as the student progresses through certain goals.  It is a great way for a team of teachers to collaborate without having to meet. It is really user friendly too!!

  I am going to find some time to make a survey and try to send it out. Our librarian created a survey with google docs and I thought it was a great way to get input from other teachers.  I absolutely love google docs and plan to use it frequently.

1 comment:

  1. I think Google Docs is so cool! Definitely use the form creator; it is the best tool I've found. You will find that it is so easy to use.

    ReplyDelete